Vegan and Gluten Free Scones
I recently went Gluten free & Vegan after seeing a Ayurvedic Dr. I have to have my sweets. I am currently on the hunt and am trying all kinds of gluten free & vegan recipes.
This is one I made my Culinary program I do every Summer. You can’t tell their gluten free or vegan at all. And, you can substitute the sugar for coconut sugar or maple crystals.
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I used Bob's Redmill)
- 2/3 Cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees before you begin to prep.
- In one mixing bowl mix all your dry ingredients together, including your chocolate chips.
- In another bowl mix your wet ingredients together.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry.
- Stir with a rubber spatula then sprinkle some gluten free flour onto your table and place your dough on the floured surface.
- Knead dough 2-3 times then pat into a pizza like shape.
- Cut dough with a sharp knife into 8 pieces like a pizza.
- Seperate pieces of scone and place on to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with honey, maple syrup or icing made from powdered sugar and water.