Vanilla avocado icing
This is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional icing. With it’s fun and vibrant green color it is great for a kids party, St. Pattys day, Halloween or Easter. Vanilla Avocado Icing is quick and easy to make. Typical icing recipes call for a stick of butter or shortening, instead this version sneaks in an avocado to the mix and gets some added nutrition into the mouth of your picky eater. Avocados are packed full of vitamins including C, K, E, B6, B2, B3 , Iron, Fiber and magnesium. Best of all, you won’t even know the difference
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ¾ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- Cut avocado, remove pit and scoop out meat.
- Pure avocado meat with lemon juice, vanilla extract and cream of tartar.
- Puree until smooth then add confectioners’ sugar and mix well. You can use it immediately or for a stiffer icing place in refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- I created this recipe for Joy Bauers segment "Turn Junk Food into Joy Food" The viewers of the Today show loved it!!