Vegetarian stuffed peppers are delicious and great for meatless Mondays.
Write a review
- 1 can Black beans drained & rinsed
- 2 cups cooked Brown rice
- 1 Onion diced
- 4 Peppers
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1-15 oz can diced Tomatoes
- 1 tspn cumin
- ½ tspn tumeric
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Cook brown rice. Cut tops of peppers off scoop out seeds & cut peppers in half. Use the tops of the peppers you cut off in the saute mix with the onions. While rice is cooking heat saute pan up with oil and brown onions, peppers & garlic on low flame. Sprinkle with salt & black pepper. Add tomato sauce and cook for additional 5 minutes. Mix in cooked brown rice and sprinkle rice with cumin & turmeric. Cook for 5 minutes to mix seasoning well, fill pepper with mixture. Bake in preheated 350 oven for 15 minutes. For added flavor you can add a cheese mixture on top and melt.
- Great for meatless Mondays or for all you vegans out there.
Healthy Chef Lady http://healthycheflady.com/