Penne & Chard Stems w/ Cream Sauce
This is an amazing dish & pretty simple. If you had a dinner party people would be pretty impressed. This mini Penne pasta with swiss chard stems & cream sauce is a great meal that will impress your friends, family & your kids will love it because of it’s creamy cheesy sauce.
- 4 Tablespoons grass fed cultured butter
- 2 shallots
- 3 cups Swiss chard stems only, cut lengthwise & sliced diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 pound mini penne or other small pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream from grass fed cows
- 5 ounces grated fontina cheese
- salt & crushed black pepper
- Melt butter in a saute pan covered.
- Add shallots & cook until their soft over medium heat. Add stems & cook for additional 5 minutes then add the broth and cook over a low flame for 10 minutes make sure the pan is covered.
- Cook the pasta in another pot while waiting for veggies to saute.
- Keep 1 cup pasta liquid in a mesuring cup for later use.
- Add heavy cream & cheese to the chard mixture that has been sauteing on low & stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Make sure to not let it boil.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to evenly coat the pasta.
- If mixture seems to thick add pasta water we had put to the side.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste & serve.
- This is a great dish your friends would love & be impressed by. This would pear up great with a pork tenderloin or whole baked chicken. Your spouse would be impressed and your kids would love it because the sauce is creamy & cheesy.