Mac & Cheese
Who doesn’t love Mac & Cheese? But what about Mac & Trees??
Yup! I said Mac & Trees. I make what my kids like but I always put a healthy spin on it.
You really can’t get away with not making Mac & Cheese if you have kids period. My kid’s love this recipe & it’s a regular in my house because I love it too and it’s so easy to make.
It’s a basic Mac & Cheese recipe I added broccoli & cauliflower to and swapped the white pasta for brown rice pasta. Then viola! My kids are happy, I’m happy and dinner is a breeze.
Here’s my little you tube video I made to show you just how easy it is.
So, the next time your kids ask for Mac & Cheese make them a deal and make them Mac & Trees.
- 3 cups broccoli chopped
- 3 cups cauliflower
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 - 16 ounce bag brown rice curly pasta
- Boil a large pot of water and salt it for the pasta.
- When water comes to a boil place pasta in water & place a strainer on top of the pot.
- Place your veggies inside strainer so that way while the pasta is cooking the veggies will be steaming.
- Remove veggies once pasta is done and place them in a dutch oven or pan.
- Strain pasta & place pasta with veggies in same pan.
- Take 4 cups of milk & 3 cups of shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese and place in the pot you used to boil the pasta.
- Melt cheese in milk on medium low flame. After cheese has melted in to a nice cheese sauce pour mixture into pan with pasta & veggies & sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese on top.
- Place in a preheated 350 oven for 20-25 minutes.
- This recipe gives you a good amount of Mac & Trees. My kids love eating the left overs as an after school snack. Simple ingredients and a simple recipe makes for a great meal everyone will love. I love pairing this recipe up with some chicken cutlets.