Black Bean Chipotle burger
No this recipe is not from Chipotle. It has chipotle peppers in it and, its super easy, delicious and you can make a batch of them & freeze them.
I love spicy stuff and I love a good bean burger. Don’t get me wrong I love a meat burger too. It’s just sometimes a nice veggie burger with some sprouts and avocado just hit’s the spot.
If you’ve never had a bean burger now is the time to make one. One day I just felt inspired and made three totally different bean burgers in 3 totally different ways. What’s great about bean burgers is this!
- They’re easy to make
- They’re cheap to make
- They’re loaded with fiber
- They’re healthier than beef
- They’re a great way to get beans in your diet in a fun way
- They’re a great way to get beans into your kid’s tummy
So, there you have it! Tell me all of those benefits don’t make you wanna just make a black bean burger.
Now, If your new at making burgers remember this.
- You can use any kind of beans you want.
- You can use eggs to keep them together but it’s not always necessary.
- With fresh herbs & spices you can create a variety of flavors.
- Carmelized onions makes anything taste great!
Now lets’ get cooking!
- 1 ½ Tablespoon oil
- ½ cup diced onions, green & red peppers
- 2 ¾ cup black beans
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle adobe sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper
- ¼ cup quinoa
- Cook quinoa and allow it to cool.
- Then Heat pan with oil. S
- Saute onions, peppers on low flame for 7-10 minutes.
- In food processor mix beans, cumin, chipotle pepper & sauce.
- Then fold in quinoa & sauteed peppers.
- Take mixture and measure a half a cup of the mixture and form in to a patty like a burger.
- You an either freeze them in ziploc bags or if your going to eat it immediately take a small frying pan with 1 tablespoon of oil and heat on high. You want to make sure the pan is hot and you hear a sizzle when the burger is placed on the pan. Allow each side to brown and form a "skin".
- I love eating this with fresh guacamole & salsa. It's the perfect dish if your in the mood for something south of the border.