10 Tips to getting your kids to eat healthy!
Are you looking for tips to get your kids to eat healthy? Here are my top 10!
What if you could sit down at dinner and just watch your kids devour some broccoli, maybe some brown rice & a glass of water?
Guess what you can!
Have you ever thought about what would make them actually eat healthy food?
That’s the power of making food fun!! And if you think you can get them to joyfully eat without making it fun, think again.
And it doesn’t have to be hard at all. Here are 10 simple things I do to keep my tribe of children healthy.
- Don’t keep any unhealthy food in the house. We do have ice cream and cake but it’s usually when we are at a party or out to eat. By keeping these things out of the house it not only helps my children but myself from indulging in things I shouldn’t be eating.
- Bite size the meal!! I cut meat into small cubes and put toothpicks in each cube to make it fun for my three year old. Kids like things cut into small pieces so it’s easy for them to chew.
- I’ll make cool things for all of us like meatloaf cupcakes with mash potato icing.
- A simple sandwich can turn into the coolest dinosaur sandwich a kid could ever ask for! Get some cool cookie cutters.
- Make funny faces with whole wheat pancakes using fruits and veggies.
- Make a mini fruit & vegetable buffet just perfect for your little one to eat while watching their favorite show.
- When in doubt put it on a stick! Everyone loves eating food on a stick. Think about when you go to a wedding and their passing around hors d’oeuvres.
- Add greens whenever you can! My kids love my mac and cheese cupcakes. Their not only fun but I also add some chopped broccoli to get some green veggies in for the day.
- Make cartoons your Ally. Find an episode where your child’s favorite cartoon is promoting healthy food. Watch it with them and get excited and make what they just made on TV. I remember watching a Peppa Pig episode with my son and Mrs. Rabbit was making smoothies. I took advantage of the opportunity and made some smoothies with my son he thought it was so cool.
- My last but certainly not least bit of advise I give to anyone and everyone trying to eat healthier is this. KEEP THINGS SIMPLE!! Don’t stress and don’t make things complicated and use your imagination.
Start off by implementing one of these tips a month and in no time you’ll have a healthy eating household. If you liked this bit of advice you’ll love this Getting Your Picky eaters to eat.
For more recipes and tips go to www.healthycheflady.com